The Welsh Government’s School Uniform Grant is now known as the Pupil Development Grant and if you’re eligible you can apply now to receive up to £200 to help with the cost of school uniforms.
The Grant is paid to recognise the variety of costs parents have when their children start school and to promote a greater uptake of wider activities by our disadvantaged learners, the funding is wide in scope.
This funding will not be limited to supporting the cost of school uniform and it also covers equipment and allows for being part of out of school activities such as scouts and guides.
You can apply for funding to help with the costs of:
- School uniform;
- School sports kit;
- Uniform for wider activities, for example sports, scouts and guides;
- School equipment where new curriculum activities begin such as design and technology; and
- Equipment for out of school hours trips such as waterproofs for outdoor learning.
To be eligible you will need to be receiving certain benefits, and your child will be part of one of the following groups in September 2020:
- Entering reception or year 3 of a Wrexham primary school
- Entering year 7 or 10 of a Wrexham secondary school
- Entering reception, year 3, year 7 or year 10 in a special school, special needs resource base, or pupil referral unit, in Wrexham
- All looked after children of compulsory school age who are looked after by us (the local authority) are also eligible for the grant.
What benefits do I need to be receiving?
You’ll need to be receiving one of the following…
- Income Support
- Child Tax Credit (with an income below the HMRC set limit)
- Jobseekers Allowance (income based)
- Employment and Support Allowance (income based)
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Universal Credit (provided the household has an annualised net income of no more than £7,400)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
You have until December 31 to apply for the grant.APPLY FOR A PUPIL DEVELOPMENT GRANT