We know you’re all eager to see libraries re-open and in order to do that safely we’ve arranged an “order and collect” system at Wrexham Library.
The service will be piloted from today at Wrexham Library, with the aim of gradually rolling out the service across the county.
The choice of stock is currently limited as we wait for supplies of new books. Staff will do their best to get the books you want to you as quickly as they can.
The safety of our staff and customers is our priority and we are following Welsh Government guidance on how to re-open libraries and this guidance may change as we move forward.
Please note all books returned to the library will be quarantined for 72 hours.
To order a book for collection please go online at:
When your books are ready, staff will contact you to arrange a collection appointment for you to come and collect them. You can return books at the same appointment if you are collecting books. If you only want to return books, you will need to contact the library by email firstname.lastname@example.org and telephone 01978 292090 to arrange an appointment.
All books you currently have on loan and any you borrow via Order and Collect Service will be automatically renewed so you do not need to worry about returning them on time and you will not incur any fines.
Our Homelink Service will be delivering as usual to its customers from the 1st of July, and we will contact you. We look forward to seeing you again!
Cllr John Pritchard, Lead Member Youth Services and Anti-Poverty, said:
“Library staff have worked incredibly hard to begin the safe return of services at Wrexham library and I would like to thank them for their commitment and dedication to ensuring that the library service begins to once again offer a first class service to residents.
“Please be patient as we all continue to put customer and staff safety first during this gradual re-opening of services.”
Please check local press, Wrexham Library Service https://www.wrexham.gov.uk/service/libraries-online-services and the Council’s social media before you visit.
In order to ensure everyone’s safety please follow the rules below.
1. Don’t go to the library if you or anyone in your household has symptoms of Covid-19, or you suspect you have symptoms or is ‘shielding’ because of an underlying health condition.
2. Do not return your library items in a bag or container.
3. Please place your returned library items in the returns container.
4. Only return library items when you are collecting you library order.
5. Please note that other library services and facilities are not available at this time.
6. You cannot order CDs or DVDs from our ‘Order and Collect Service’.
7. You must bring your library membership card to collect your ordered items.
8. Please collect your library order and leave promptly.
9. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
10. Be patient if you have to queue
11. Remember to keep 2m distance
12. Please email or telephone to arrange an appointment to return your library items
Thank you for your patience and understanding whilst we reshape your local library service.
With your help we can make this work safely for the benefit of everyone in Wrexham.APPLY NOW