Tŷ Pawb offers an extensive range of family activities during the school holidays. These activities are mainly based around arts and crafts, but also include games, gardening and music.
We are particularly looking for volunteers to support us in the delivery of family drop-in arts and crafts sessions.
Recruiting volunteers to help us with this enables us to keep as many of the activities as possible free to attend and accessible for Wrexham’s community.
– Assist in preparation for workshops e.g. making example crafts, setting up the work space.
– Greet all families as they arrive for activities and ensure that they have somewhere to sit.
understand the activity and have all the materials and equipment they need to get started.
– Engage children in making, drawing, decorating and assist with equipment (e.g. scissors,
staplers) as needed.
– Lead by example, demonstrating safety, engagement in the activities and a positive attitude.
– Talk to parents, carers and other visitors about the rest of the Tŷ Pawb programme,
including exhibitions, events and our learning programme.
– Distribute copies of our What’s On Guide and other relevant promotional materials.
– Collect feedback/photo consent forms from visitors and take photos of project
– Tidy up at the end of the session in a thorough and organised way.
This volunteer role lasts for six weeks from the 22nd July to the
Hours per week: Volunteers are requested to give three hours a w eek
(one session) for the whole six weeks. Keen volunteers wanting to give more than
one day a week are also very welcome!
– Confident speaking to members of the public from a range of backgrounds
– Enthusiastic about working with children and young people
– Able to stay calm in an atmosphere of creative chaos
– Good listener and communicator
– Warm and welcoming personality
– Comfortable using a digital camera
– Experience of working with primary school aged children
– Welsh speaker
What we can offer:
– Training in the role
– References for CVs on completion of the project
– Opportunity to meet like-minded people
– A unique experience as part of an innovative programme within a small and friendly
– An ideal taster for anyone considering a career in play-work, childcare, teaching, or
museum and gallery engagement.
Phone: 01978 292093
To take part in the Council Plan consultation, just click here