The Pupil Development Grant is now open for applications which means you could be entitled to help with the cost of school uniforms and more.
Anyone eligible and receiving free school meals and in the following year groups will qualify for the grant:
- Entering reception class in primary school
- Entering school years 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11
- In a special school, special needs resource base or pupil referral unit and are aged 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14 or 15.
Please note, any child entitled to free school meals due to transitional protection arrangements, do not qualify for this grant. Please contact free school meals for further information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use this link to find out more and how to apply www.wrexham.gov.uk/service/pupil-development-grant-pdg
The grant can be used to pay towards the cost of:
- school uniform
- school sports kit
- uniform for wider activities (e.g. sports, scouts and guides)
- equipment (e.g. school bags and stationery)
- specialist equipment where new curriculum activities begin (e.g. design and technology)
- equipment for out of school hours trips (e.g. waterproofs for outdoor learning)
- laptop or tablet device