As we get older it’s very important to make sure we have somewhere safe, comfortable and affordable to live.
There are many types of accommodation and support services available to older people these days. But, whether it’s for ourselves or for our nearest and dearest, finding the right home after retirement is not always easy.
To help you find out more about housing for older people, a free drop-in information event is taking place in Wrexham.
A number of organisations and services will be attending, including:
- Extra Care Housing – including the new scheme at Maes Y Dderwen in Grosvenor Road, Wrexham (pictured above), being developed by Pennaf Housing Association.
- Sheltered Housing – Wrexham Council’s housing schemes located across the county borough.
- Telecare – A 24/7 home monitoring/alarm service.
- Community Agents – a free confidential information and advice service designed to improve the quality of life for older people.
- Wrexham Include – support service for people aged 55+ living in Wrexham.
There will be an opportunity to ask questions and refreshments will be provided.
“A fantastic opportunity to find out more…”
Lead Member for Housing, Cllr David Griffiths said: “This will be an excellent opportunity to find out what housing options are available for people as they get older.
“There are a number of very useful services provided by the council and other organisations who will be attending, so I would urge anyone thinking of spending their retirement in the Wrexham area to come along and see what is available.”
Lead Member for People – Health and Adult Social Care, Cllr Joan Lowe, said: “It is important that we ensure people are aware of all the housing options and services that are available to them as they get older.
“This event is a fantastic opportunity to find out about these services – all under one roof.
“I’m delighted that so many organisations have confirmed they will attend and I hope as many people as possible will be able to come on the day.”
The event will be held 10am-1pm on Wednesday, July 19 at Wrexham Memorial Hall, Bodhyfryd, Wrexham LL12 7AG.
Contact 01978 298993 for more information.
Get instant news and info from Wrexham Council with MyUpdates.SIGN ME UP