A local group who provide practical support to those struggling financially is aiming to provide food to every struggling household across Wrexham this Christmas.
“Given to Shine” has confirmed that two major supermarket chains in Wrexham – Aldis and Lidl – have agreed to donate all their food with a sell by date that will run out over the Christmas period to provide a Christmas dinner. Last year the group provided food to over 1,500 people and hope to do the same this year.
To make sure this happens they need your help.
- They need collection points in wards across Wrexham from appriximately 5pm – 10pm on Christmas Eve. This could be a shop, pub, church or similar community facility.
- Volunteers to help staff the collection points
- Volunteers to pick up supplies in their own vehicles and take to the collection points.
- A refrigerated van with a large wheel base – a large Sprinter, Transit or similar would be ideal.
- Help to spread the word to those who could benefit from the donations such as the retired, vulnerable or those in temporary or sheltered. accommodation.
- Sponsorship or donations to cover the cost of fuel and vehicle hire.
- A storage unit with electricity and 24 hour access where they can store temperature controlled items and build up food supplies in preparation.
- If you can help in any way please get in touch via social media @giventoshine or via email at email@example.com
You can donate online at here or you can pop into Tŷ Pawb and leave your donation at Just Deserts.
Given to Shine has two main priorities – waste reduction and anti poverty and they tackle poverty sustainably, reducing single use waste and preventing unnecessary items from entering landfill.SIGN ME UP NOW