If you’re looking for some entertainment with a twist then we’ve got just the thing!
This October, we’ll be welcoming Alan Whitfield and friends for a weekend of fun and games as they attempt to bring together two classic British pastimes – Bingo and poetry!
Alan Whitfield is an artist, poet and practiconer who often works with memories and nostalgia. His childhood was structured around his Grandma’s Bingo addiction (or battle with depression).
So how does it work?
Alan will be combining real Bingo games with spoken word and a contemporary element of performance to bring the old fashioned British institution of Bingo and poetry together.
We have even managed to partner up with Mecca Bingo in Wrexham for the event!
As well as the games and performances, there will also be some unique activities.
This includes ‘bingo dabber pointillism’. It had to be done really didn’t it?
All the activities will be FREE.
Eyes down for a full Tŷ Pawb
Friday October 5
- First game of Poetry Bingo at 7pm, 3 games over course of evening, max. 20
mins per game.
- Lisa Helledd Jones will be chaperone for the games.
- Martin Dawes performance (20 mins).
Sat October 6
- Screenprinting (with Glyndŵr University) 10am–12pm.
- Bingo Dabber Pointillism (all-day workshop).
- Performance by Peter Read.
- Poetry Bingo games: 1.30pm, 2.30pm, 3.30pm
Sun October 7
- Games at 1.30pm and 2.30pm