We know that emptying your bins and recycling containers is probably the largest and the most visible service we provide to all our residents.
Our crews visit every street and home in Wrexham county borough every week and maintaining general waste removal is one of our critical services and we will maintain this with as little disruption as possible over the coming weeks.
In order to keep everyone safe during the Coronavirus, COVID-19 situation please maintain strict hygiene precautions. They’re essential if we are to keep you and our crews safe over the coming weeks.
We ask that you:
- Check our website or news blog and follow our social media Twitter: @wrexhamcbc Facebook: Wrexham Council
- Please clean your hands and disinfect your bag/bin/box/caddy handles before and after you touch them.
- Do not put tissues in your recycling as they can’t be recycled
- If you are self-isolating and feeling unwell please double-bag your personal waste such as tissues and put aside for 72 hours before putting out for collection
- Collection staff are key workers, please keep them safe to continue with their work
We would also like to thank you for all for the kind words and messages that have been left for our crews. Please continue to offer your support to them. It’s important and keeps morale up during these difficult times.
And remember – bins and recycling will be emptied as normal on Good Friday and Easter Monday.
We have now closed our household recycling centres.
While the sites remain closed, we’re asking you to:
- Minimise the waste you create – please don’t have any ‘clear outs’ at home, or do anything else that creates extra rubbish (e.g. certain DIY projects etc). We know it’s not easy, but please try to keep your waste to a minimum.
- Put any gardening waste in your green bin as normal (we’ll keep emptying green bins for as long as we can), and store any extra gardening waste – that you can’t fit in your bin – in your garden for now. For example, if you’ve been pruning bushes, you might have to put the cuttings in a pile for now.
- Keep any other items you would normally take to the tip (old furniture, timber, electrical goods etc) at home for now – unless they’re suitable for placing in your black bin.
Please don’t be tempted to fly-tip…please don’t leave waste at the gate or on the side of the road, or anywhere else where it shouldn’t be left.
This is an incredibly challenging time for everyone in the UK, and our daily lives are being affected in all kinds of ways.
But please don’t think we don’t care about how this is affecting you. We do, and we’re working as hard as we can to keep critical services going in Wrexham.
LATEST INFO ON COVID-19