Seven care homes in Wrexham have recently won awards for the work they are doing with RITA, a reminiscence, rehabilitation and interactive therapy software.
RITA is an all-in-one touch screen solution which offers digital reminiscence therapy which is a relatively new tool in the fields of nursing and healthcare. It encompasses the use of user-friendly interactive screens and tablets to blend entertainment with therapy and to assist patients (particularly with memory impairments) in recalling and sharing events from their past through listening to music, watching news reports of significant historical events, listening to war-time speeches, playing games and karaoke and watching films.
My Improvement network recently held an award ceremony to celebrate those who use the device across the country and to present awards to those who have demonstrated the benefits of the device. Seven care settings within Wrexham were successful in winning awards:
- Gold Award: Best use of RITA for learning disabilities: Dolywern, Leonard Cheshire
- Gold Award: Best use of RITA for reducing medication use: Pen Y Garth Care Home Wrexham
- Silver Award: Best use of RITA for group activities – Chirk Court
- Silver Award: Best use of RITA for 1-1 care – Primary Health Liaison Team Wrexham
- Bronze Award: Best use of RITA for group activities: Bodlondeb
- Bronze Award: Best use of RITA involving families: Elm Villa
Cllr John Pritchard, Lead Member for Adult Social Care said, “RITA is a fantastic piece of software and it’s great to see the recognition that care homes in Wrexham are getting for using it. Congratulations to all winners. I’m excited about the recent developments in the software and look forward to seeing how they are used across the county in the future.”
RITA has recently undergone some exciting developments including updates from Wrexham Football club with the inclusion of historic match programmes and early archive footage. The Church of Wales have also allowed filming at several of their services in Cardiff including Lent, Easter and Christmas in both English and Welsh.
The RITA interface is also now available in the Welsh language.CLAIM WHAT’S YOURS