The Virtual Dementia Tour was invented 20 years ago and can give people with a healthy brain an experience of what dementia might be like. It gives people an opportunity to walk in the world of people living with dementia – and then change the environment and their practice to potentially allow people with dementia to stay at home longer and improve their care.
By walking in the shoes of a person with dementia, we can start to understand the issues that they experience every day.
You will experience being confused, isolated, lost, intimidated, vulnerable and much more and therefore understand what you need to change to improve quality of care.
The bus will be at the following locations:
- June 24 – Crown Buildings, 31 Chester Street, Wrexham, LL13 8BG
- June 8 and 22- Enterprise Hub, Queen’s Square, Wrexham, LL11 1AT
- June 20 – Glyn Wylfa, Castle Road, Chirk, LL14 5BS
- June 10 – Marchwiel Community Centre, Piercy Avenue, Marchwiel, LL13 0RH
- June 9 – Phoenix Homecare and Support, Wrexham, LL11 4YL
- June 21 – Wrexham Football Ground, 1864 Suite, Racecourse Ground, Mold Road, Wrexham, LL11 2AH
If you would like to learn more about what it is like to live with dementia, then book your place on the Virtual Dementia Tour Bus when it returns to Wrexham in June 2022.
There will be three sessions available per day and booking is essential: