Many residents make use of our three recycling centres throughout the Christmas period, but this year – more than ever – it’s really important to plan your visit in advance.
Cllr David A Bithell, Lead Member for Environment and Transport, said: “Christmas has always been a busy time for the recycling centres, but with the social distancing measures we have in place there are likely to be queues to use the facilities.
“You can help us out by planning your visit in advance, so that you have your materials pre-arranged ready to deposit in the correct bays. This will speed up your visit and help avoid queues. You should also think about the timing of your visit and try to avoid the traditionally busier times. Thanks.”
Brymbo recycling centre
If Brymbo is your local facility, you particularly need to plan your visit, as you will need to make an appointment in advance.
To make an appointment, please call them on 01978 801463. Please be aware that this booking line will be closed from 4pm on December 24 until 8am on December 29.
Therefore, anyone wishing to visit Brymbo on Boxing Day would need to have an appointment arranged before the booking line closes.
Recycling centre rules re-cap
- Don’t go to the sites if you or anyone in your household has symptoms of Covid-19, or is ‘shielding’ because of an underlying health condition.
- Only bring household waste. Don’t bring commercial or business waste.
- Please bring proof that you live in the county borough (e.g. a utility bill with your address on it). The sites are for Wrexham residents only. If you don’t have proof, you won’t be allowed to tip your rubbish. Please call 01978 801463 to book an appointment if you want to use the Brymbo site.
- Be patient if you have to queue. A maximum of five vehicles will be allowed on site at any one time.
- Make sure only one person steps outside your vehicle to unload it, and that they stick to social distancing. Note that children should stay in the car at all times, and no pets are permitted on site.
- Don’t bring items that are too big or heavy to handle yourself. Our site attendants won’t be able to help you unload your car or dispose of your waste.
- Sort your waste before you arrive (so you’re quicker).
- Be polite. Aggressive behaviour towards staff won’t be tolerated. Site attendants will be equipped with body cameras, and any instances will be reported to the police.
- Don’t touch your face on-site, and bring your own sanitiser if you can (clean your hands with sanitiser before you drive away).