Guest Article: Waterworld
A massive thank you to members, colleagues and the general public who visited Waterworld Wrexham and cycled non-stop for 15 hours to raise much needed funds of over £700 for the British Red Cross Appeal for Ukraine.
Waterworld in Wrexham, which is operated by Freedom Leisure in partnership with Wrexham County Borough Council provided 2 spin “cycling” bikes in the reception area and invited people to participate in 15 or 30 minute blocks.
Every single penny raised went to this much needed cause where:
- £10 could provide a hygiene kit to a family of five, giving them supplies to stay healthy for a month
- £20 could provide five blankets to families taking shelter
- £33 could provide 40 chlorine tablets to ensure that families have access to clean, safe water
- £100 could provide sleeping mats for 66 people who have been forced from their homes
- £210 could provide a fully equipped first aid kit, including supplies, to a first aider treating those wounded
Felicity Griffiths, Centre Manager Waterworld said, “We are very proud of all the fundraising efforts by our customers and colleagues in ‘Cycle for Ukraine’. A fantastic achievement and money raised to support the lives of people in need. A big thank you and well done!”SIGN UP