We’ve recently published our annual Director of Social Services Report, which looks at how well our services in Wrexham are performing…and how we’ve worked with partners and local people.
It also sets out our plans for the future and how these are based on what you’ve told us you need.
As we now have fewer resources but growing demand, we have to think differently about how we provide services and we’ll continue to work closely with partners, families and individuals to promote well-being.
Cllr Joan Lowe, Lead Member for Health and Adult Social Care, said:
“The report is a very easy read and I am pleased that staff are able to rise to the challenge of providing services with less resources.
“Their dedication and commitment to care is to be commended, and I would like to thank everyone for their continued support to those who are the most vulnerable amongst us.”
These are some of the things we hope to be able to do in the coming 12 months.
- Continue to develop our Welsh language services to meet our Welsh Language Standards.
- Make our care and support plans for young people more outcome-focused and monitor whether the personal outcomes agreed are being achieved.
- Continue to develop our support to people in their own homes to promote independence.
- Set up a Safeguarding team in Adult Social Care.
- Expand Community Agents to cover the whole of the borough.
- Look to utilise grant funding to combat homelessness for care leavers in Wrexham.
You can take a look at the Annual Director of Social Services Report here.
Get instant news and info from Wrexham Council with MyUpdates.SIGN ME UP