The Welsh Government funded Pupil Development Grant is available to help towards the costs of a child’s school uniform and equipment for those on a low income.
Am I eligible to apply for the Pupil Development Grant?
Any child eligible for free school meals, attending school in Wrexham, and in the following year groups is eligible for the grant:
- Entering reception class in primary school
- Entering school years 1 to 11
- In a special school, special needs resource base or pupil referral unit and are aged 4 to 15
All looked after children are also eligible, regardless of their free school meals status.
For this school year only, the grant has been increased so that children entering year 7 receive £300 and children in all other school years, from reception through to year 11, receive £225.
You can read more here.
What can I use the grant for?
The grant can be used to pay towards the cost of:
- school uniform
- school sports kit
- uniform for wider activities (for example sports, scouts and guides)
- equipment (such as school bags and stationery)
- specialist equipment where new curriculum activities begin (such as design and technology)
- equipment for out of school hours trips (such as waterproofs for outdoor learning)
- laptop or tablet device
You can apply now for the 2022-2023 school year (based on the year group your child is entering in September 2022) until December 31, 2022.
Please submit only one application, if needed you can add multiple children to the same application (duplicate submissions may delay the processing of your grant).
You can apply now here.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions about this grant.SIGN UP