As the cost of living crisis continues and the added worry of the cold weather we’re pleased to be able to update our list of Warm Places available in the county borough.
In addition to all our libraries and Wellbeing Hub on Chester Street the following venues have all been successful in securing grant funding to open up as a warm place:
- Bethel Warm Place, Kenyon Avenue, Garden Village, LL11 2SP (Wednesday 10am-1pm).
- Caia Food Club, St Mark’s Church, Caia Park, LL13 9LA (Tuesday 11am-2pm).
- Canolfan Social Club, Glyn Ceiriog, LL20 7HE (Wednesday 1pm-4pm).
- Dolywern Community Cosy Corner for Everyone, Oliver Jones Memorial Hall, Ceiriog Valley, LL20 7BA (Tuesday and Friday 9.30am-3pm).
- Erlas Victorian Walled Garden, Bryn Estyn Road, Rhosnesni, LL13 9TY (Monday-Friday 10am-3pm).
- Gwersyllt Community Support Hub, Gwersyllt Community Resource Centre, Gwersyllt, LL11 1ED (Tuesday and Thursday 9am-1pm, Wednesday 10am-2pm).
- The Hub Building, Caia Park, LL13 8TH (Wednesday).
- Open House Warm Space, Acton Community Resource Centre, Acton, LL12 7LB (Friday 10am-4pm).
- Plas Madoc Leisure Centre, Plas Madoc, LL14 3HL (Friday 9am-12pm).
- St Mary’s Church, Ruabon, LL14 6TA (Tuesday 12pm-4pm).
- Warm Walkin Hub, Brymbo Enterprise Centre, Brymbo, LL11 5BT (Wednesday 10am-5pm).
- Warm Welcome at Gresford Trust, Gresford, LL12 8PS (Thursday 9.30am-12.30pm).
- Warm Welcome Mondays at Xplore!, Chester Street, Wrexham LL13 8AE (Monday 9.30am-2.30pm).
We’re also waiting information from a few other venues in Wrexham so even more will be confirmed soon.
Any group or organisation can still apply for grant funding to become a warm place and you can find out more here. But you’ll need to be quick as the final round for applications ends on 31 January.
Cllr David A Bithell, Chair of the cross party cost of living group, said, “We’re pleased that so many groups and organisations have applied for funding.
“People are struggling during these very difficult times and to have somewhere locally to go, even for just a few hours, where you can have company, some light refreshments, keep warm and have access to advice and support is very welcome.”
Missed bin collection? Let us know quickly and easily online.REPORT A MISSED BIN