We’re looking for two independent members to sit on our Standards Committee but to be eligible you’ll have to answer yes to all these questions:
- Are you a good listener?
- Are you inquisitive?
- Can you weigh up conflicting evidence and reach a reasonable conclusion?
- Can you work as part of a team?
- Do you have respect for others and an understanding of and respect for strong ethical values?
- Do you have integrity and good character?
Our Standards Committee is important in maintaining high ethical standards at County Borough and Community Council levels. Its aims are to advise, assist and guide members in the adoption, monitoring, operation, enforcement and review of various local codes of conduct and other ethical guidance.
Independent members are appointed for a between 4 and 6 years and may then serve one further term. It usually meets at least four teams a year and may also hold unscheduled meetings with just a few days notice.
If appointed you will be able to claim expenses for attending meetings.
Does this sound like something for you? If so then contact our Monitoring Officer on 01978 292202 or our Deputy Monitoring Officer on 01978 292221.
An application form can be obtained from the Monitoring Officer, Guildhall, Wrexham, LL11 1WF or by emailing the Monitoring Officer. Closing date for applications is 12 July 2019.
Unfortunately there are some who will not be able to be an Independent Member:
- A serving councillor or officer (or their spouse or civil partner), a member of the Fire Authority or National Park Authority or a Community/Town Councillor
- Former councillor or officer, a member of the Fire Authority or National Park Authority or a Community/Town Councillor until at least one year after leaving.
- Be active in local or national politics
- Have had significant previous dealings with the Council which compromise impartiality
- Have a close relationship with any member or officer of the council.
SIGN ME UP NOW