Scores of council staff were recognised for their hard work throughout the last year in a special ceremony held at the Guildhall last week.
The annual WOW Awards were held in the Council Chamber, with senior officials and lead members presenting winners with their awards.
Categories included a People’s Choice award – with winners voted for by the public – along with Role Models and whole-team awards.
Winners “should be proud of themselves”
Cllr Mark Pritchard, Leader of the Council, said: “I’m always very pleased to be able to present awards to those winners of the annual WOW Awards at Wrexham Council.
“We have an excellent workforce here at the council, and it’s right that those who go above and beyond are recognised and commended for their efforts.
“I congratulate all those who received awards this year –they should all be very proud of themselves.”
The full list of categories, winners and those who were Highly Commended is as below:
- Modern Apprentice: Winner; Lucy Lancelott , Housing Repairs, H&E
- People’s Choice: Winner; Housing Repairs, H&E
- Customer Focus: Highly Commended; Streetscene, E&P. Winner; Matthew Griffiths, C&CS. Winner (Team) Registration Services, C&CS
- Excellence: Highly Commended; Miss M Jones & Mr M Roberts, St Peter’s School,
- Education. Highly Commended; Jean Hughes, ASC. Winner; DOLS team, ASC
- Partnership: Highly Commended; Tracey Evans, C&CS. Winner (Team): Syrian VPR Scheme. Winner: Louise Davies, C&CS
- Role Model: Highly Commended; Louise Peagram, E&P. Highly Commended; Wayne Ellis Brookfield, ASC. Winner; Andrew Pearce, E&P. Winner; Maureen Lee, H&E
- Special Team Award: Winner; Office Services, C&CS
Get instant news and info from Wrexham Council with MyUpdates.
SIGN ME UP