Wrexham is Invited to a A FREE Evening of music and dance from Eastern Europe & the Middle East!
On Saturday April 1st, visitors to Tŷ Pawb will be taken on an unforgettable journey from The Nile to The Danube, with a series of exciting events and performances, supported by North Wales Multicultural HUB and others.
Starting at 4pm, a series of workshops will be open to everyone (including beginners) for Arabic singing and Polish Roma dance. From 7pm, performances will feature everything from Egyptian Bellydance, to Middle Eastern and Eastern European folk music.
The final performance will feature Yasmine Latkowski, a composer and performer, whose work can be heard in Channel 4’s Come Dine With Me, BBC Africa Eye and BBC2 Art of Persia. She will be performing at the event with a full band, including musicians with Welsh folk roots, fusing all of these genres together in a multicultural collective, from the width of Wales, Europe and the Middle East.
A showcase of Middle Eastern, Polish and Welsh cultures
Yasmine said: “This event showcases aspects of Middle Eastern, Polish and Welsh cultures that we want to share and celebrate. We want to bring people together through music and dance, with the chance to learn a Polish Roma dance and a song in Arabic. Everybody will be made to feel welcome.”
- 4-4.45pm: Arabic Singing Workshop (no experience necessary).
- 5-6pm: Polish Roma Dance Workshop (no experience necessary).
- 6pm: Food provided by Curry on the Go with Halal meat.
- 7pm: Duo Plus, a unique group singing mainly Polish songs.
- 7.45pm: – Bridie & Black Veil, a Polish Roma performance followed by a Dance Troupe.
- 8pm: One Kabira, Egyptian Bellydance.
- 8.30pm – Yasmine Latkowski Full Band, a mix of Middle Eastern and Eastern European folk and original music.
Missed bin collection? Let us know quickly and easily online.REPORT A MISSED BIN