Following the closure of Brymbo Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC) last Friday due to traffic issues we’ve taken a look at the situation with our site operator and agreed to re-open it from 12 noon tomorrow, Wednesday 20.05.20. We’ll be using a pre-booking system with strict guidelines in place.
To book an appointment at the Brymbo site only please call 01978 801463 between 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday. When you get to the facility your name and registration will be recorded as a reference for your booking slot. You will still be required to display proof of residency at the site.
A maximum of 5 vehicles will be allowed on site at any one time and no trailers will be allowed.
Follow these 10 rules to help keep everyone safe
We’ll be implementing strict conditions to ensure the safety of both staff and the public.
Please follow these 10 rules:
- Don’t go to the sites if you or anyone in your household has symptoms of Covid-19, or is ‘shielding’ because of an underlying health condition.
- Only bring household waste. Don’t bring commercial or business waste.
- Please bring proof that you live in the county borough (e.g. a utility bill with your address on it). The sites are for Wrexham residents only. If you don’t have proof, you won’t be allowed to tip your rubbish. Please call 01978 801463 to book an appointment if you want to use the Brymbo site.
- Be patient if you have to queue. A maximum of five vehicles will be allowed on site at any one time. No trailers will be allowed at the Brymbo site.
- Make sure only one person steps outside your vehicle to unload it, and that they stick to social distancing. Note that children should stay in the car at all times, and no pets are permitted on site.
- Don’t bring items that are too big or heavy to handle yourself. Our site attendants won’t be able to help you unload your car or dispose of your waste.
- Sort your waste before you arrive (so you’re quicker).
- Be polite. Aggressive behaviour towards staff won’t be tolerated. Site attendants will be equipped with body cameras, and any instances will be reported to the police.
- Don’t touch your face on-site, and bring your own sanitiser if you can (clean your hands with sanitiser before you drive away).
- The re-use shop at Bryn Lane remains closed for now, so keep your stuff for the reuse shop at home.
In a joint statement, Councillor David A Bithell, Deputy Leader of Wrexham Council and Lead Member for Environment and Transport, and Darren Williams, Chief Officer for Environment and Technical, said: “Following a review of the site and to ensure public and staff safety remains a priority at this time we are now pleased the site is re-opening and we expect the pre-booking system to work well and manage the expected demand.
Please remember no trailers will be allowed at Brymbo HWRC and only those who have pre-booked appointments will be allowed in.”
LATEST INFO ON COVID-19