This blog post is written as part of a series of articles to promote Young Wrexham
The internet is a brilliant place to connect with others, to be creative and to discover new things. Safer Internet Day, celebrated globally, promotes the safe and positive use of digital technology for children and young people.
Here are some tips to help you to stay safe online:
- Never give out your personal information online
- Do not make online connections on social networking sites such as Facebook and Snapchat if you are unsure who the person is
- Online friends are best kept online, meeting strangers can be very dangerous
- People may not be who they say they are
- Be wary of opening files from people you don’t know, they could contain a virus or unsuitable content
- Be careful about what you write for everyone to see – a quick question to ask yourself before posting online is “would I print this on a t-shirt and walk down the street wearing it?”
- Most social networking websites have privacy settings that you can change to make sure only your friends can see your profile
Safer Internet Day offers the opportunity to highlight positive uses of technology and to explore the role we all play in helping to create a better and safer online community.
For more information on internet safety and other useful advice for 11-25 year olds, visit the Young Wrexham website
Never miss a thing…follow us on SnapchatFOLLOW US ON SNAPCHAT