You probably already know we have a number of rules in place at our three recycling centres to keep you and our staff safe. Even if you do, it’s worth reminding yourself what they are ahead of your next visit.
You can use these rules to help plan your journey, so you will have everything you need ready for when you arrive at the facility.
Cllr David A Bithell, Lead Member for Environment and Transport, said: “With social distancing measures in place at the three recycling centres, it’s really important to plan your journey in advance. Doing so will help to make your visit as swift as possible, saving time and avoiding creating unnecessary queues, but most importantly helping to keep the sites safe for everyone to use. Thanks.”
Sort your recycling before leaving
Before setting off to your local recycling centre, please sort out the different materials, so you have them ready to deposit straight into the correct bays. This is one of the biggest ways you can help us out.
If you arrive with your recycling unsorted, you will be on the site for much longer as this will really slow your visit down.
No recyclables in the general waste skip
With Covid-19 measures in place, it’s much harder for us to remove recyclable materials that are incorrectly placed in the general waste skip at our sites, so it’s really important to make sure you don’t bring any black bags that might contain any recyclables.
If you are bringing any black bags to the recycling centres, please make sure any plastic bottles, cans etc. mistakenly placed inside have been removed and places in your kerbside recycling, or they can be recycled in the respective recycling banks at the recycling centre.
Always bring ID with you
Our recycling centres are only to be used by Wrexham residents, so upon arrival at the sites you are asked to show us some ID so we can make sure you are local.
Remember to make sure you bring some with you, and having it ready for us will to check will also help to speed things up.
Don’t forget to book for Brymbo
If Brymbo is your local facility, you particularly need to plan your visit, as you will need to make an appointment in advance.
To make an appointment, please call them on 01978 801463.
Full rules re-cap
As a reminder, here is the full list of rules we have in place at the recycling centres:
- Don’t go to the sites if you or anyone in your household has symptoms of Covid-19, or is ‘shielding’ because of an underlying health condition.
- Only bring household waste. Don’t bring commercial or business waste.
- Please bring proof that you live in the county borough (e.g. a utility bill with your address on it). The sites are for Wrexham residents only. If you don’t have proof, you won’t be allowed to tip your rubbish. Please call 01978 801463 to book an appointment if you want to use the Brymbo site.
- Be patient if you have to queue. A maximum of five vehicles will be allowed on site at any one time.
- Make sure only one person steps outside your vehicle to unload it, and that they stick to social distancing. Note that children should stay in the car at all times, and no pets are permitted on site.
- Don’t bring items that are too big or heavy to handle yourself. Our site attendants won’t be able to help you unload your car or dispose of your waste.
- Sort your waste before you arrive (so you’re quicker).
- Be polite. Aggressive behaviour towards staff won’t be tolerated. Site attendants will be equipped with body cameras, and any instances will be reported to the police.
- Don’t touch your face on-site, and bring your own sanitiser if you can (clean your hands with sanitiser before you drive away).