Derek Lee Adamson appeared before Wrexham Magistrates recently and was found guilty and jailed following a successful prosecution by Wrexham’s Animal Welfare Team.
The court heard that as a result of his neglect two calves died and others were not cared for adequately.
The charges included:
- Failing to care for ill or injured farm animals
- Failing to isolate sick or injured animals
- Failing to feed a proper diet and adequate water to animals
- Failing to clean animal housing and equipment
- Failing to ensure proper certification was in place
Mr Adamson was jailed for 48 weeks, ordered to pay costs and a victim surcharge and was disqualified from keeping animals for 20 years.
Cllr Hugh Jones, Lead Member for Communities, Partnerships, Public Protection and Community Safety, said, “This is an excellent result for the team following the wholly inadequate care of animals in his care and causing unnecessary suffering.
“Animal welfare is a huge responsibility and this custodial sentence shows the severity of the offences in this case.”SIGN UP