We know our country parks and green spaces are prized by residents.
We recently heard the very good news that our parks had retained their Green Flag awards from 2018, with honours going to Acton Park, Alyn Waters, Bellevue Park, Ponciau Banks, Tŷ Mawr and Wrexham Cemetery.
Green Flag Community Awards also went to Maes Y Pant, Plas Pentwyn and St Mary’s Churchyard, Chirk.
To mark the occasion, we held a celebration event and invited volunteers to fly the Green Flag with us at one of our country parks.
Flying the flag at Alyn Waters
We raised the Green Flag at Alyn Waters country park in an event attended by Cllr Rob Walsh, the Mayor of Wrexham; council Leader Cllr Mark Pritchard, and our Chief Executive Ian Bancroft.
The event was joined by members of our parks team, and volunteers from the various Friends groups who continue to support our parks with their efforts and dedication.
Don’t forget events at the parks this summer!
As the summer holidays continue, don’t miss out on some of the fantastic events we have at our award-winning country parks and green spaces.
There’s plenty on offer throughout the summer, including:
- A community clean-up day at Acton Park, from 10am until noon on Tuesday, August 13.
- A tractor ride and farm animal quiz at Tŷ Mawr Country Park from 1.30pm until 3.30pm on Thursday, August 15.
- A family treasure hunt at Acton Park, from 1.30pm until 3.30pm on Monday, August 20.
- Family orienteering from 1.30pm until 3.30pm at Alyn Waters Country Park on Wednesday, August 21.
- A drums and shakers-making day at Tŷ Mawr from 1.30pm until 3.30pm on Thursday, August 22…
…and plenty more!
Want more info on some of the other upcoming events we’ve got throughout Wrexham?
Just take a look at the events guide from our Family Information Services team.APPLY FOR A PUPIL DEVELOPMENT GRANT