Wrexham’s top sports stars and community sporting volunteers had their hard work commended in an awards ceremony.
The WCBC 2019 Sports Awards took place with a ceremony at the Brymbo Sports and Social Club.
Categories awarded included every level of community sport – and there was even a few athletes who have competed on the global stage in the mix.
Those who won in each category were:
- Sports Personality: Sabrina Fortune
- Organisation: Bradley Park Bowling Club & Brickfield Rangers Football Club
- NERS Champion: Enis Stevens
- Service to Sport: Tony Birch (Posthumous Award)
- Coach of the Year: Kieran Howard
- Junior Sports Personality: Daniel Thompson
- Volunteer Of the Year: Delwyn Derrick
- Disability Sports Personality of the Year: Sabrina Fortune
Cllr Andrew Atkinson, Lead Member for Youth Service and Anti-Poverty, with responsibility for Leisure, said: “I was very pleased to be able to attend the Sports Awards ceremony, and had the opportunity to meet many of the sporting stars, coaches and volunteers nominated during the course of the evening.
“The effort they each put in to their respective fields is outstanding, and it’s good that we recognise that so much of the community sporting world in Wrexham relies on them and their efforts.
“I also want to congratulate all those who won on the night – their awards are thoroughly deserved.
“And I also want to thank the Active Wrexham team for their efforts in organising the annual Sports Awards.”