For many years we’ve been encouraging you into our parks for enjoyment, picnics and taking part in organised events.
Now, however, things are very different and we no longer encourage you to travel by car to any of our parks. Instead, we’re asking that only people who live locally visit as part of their daily exercise including walking your pet. You should not be driving to any of our parks.
Even for those who are lucky enough to live near a country park we have had to put in place guidelines and you will now see signs now in place which you should take notice of.
The new park guidelines advise:
- Do not visit a park if you have any symptoms – fever, coughs, shortness of breath. See NHS guidelines, if this applies to you
- Observe social distancing, staying at least two metres apart from other people.
- If the park is crowded do not enter if you cannot safely observe social distancing
- Consider if you can visit your park at different times (later/earlier) to allow parents, children and older people to use these spaces
- Use all areas of the park that remain open so you can maintain an appropriate distance from others
- If the park is crowded, consider exercising in quieter less-used streets
- Avoid touching surfaces (such as gates or hand-rails and follow Public Health Wales advice on hand washing including washing your hands as soon as you get home.
- Keep your dog(s) on leads at all times
- People should not be driving to the park to walk their dog, this does not count as essential travel
- Please respect those managing these spaces including following any instructions from officials on site. Temporary measures are being put in place to safeguard you
- Do not use areas of the park that have been closed such as play areas, outdoor gyms or sports facilities – these are closed for your safety
- Picnics/ Barbecues are not allowed along with sunbathing within the park grounds
The guidelines are there to keep you safe so please take notice of them and make the appropriate adjustments to your visit.
We all hope to be inviting you back for all your previous activities soon but for now things have to be different so please stay home, stay safe and protect the NHS. Whilst taking your daily exercise please remember the 2 metre guidance whilst in the park and on your walk there and back.LATEST INFO ON COVID-19