Sheltered housing is a type of supported housing, designed especially with the needs of older people in mind.
We’ve got vacancies at the moment in Rhosymedre and Chirk waiting for tenants.
What is Sheltered Accommodation
It isn’t the same as a residential or nursing home, and each tenant has their own separate unfurnished flat, bedsit or bungalow.
You could be eligible for sheltered housing:
- If you’re over 60 years old
- If you’re over 55 and have a “demonstrated support need” you may be able to apply as well
- If you have a health or social care need that means you require support you will need to complete the special needs and medical assessment form, along with supporting evidence
Sheltered housing could be right for you if you…
- Want to keep your independence, but would like the peace of mind provided by having a professional support service available when needed
- Enjoy mixing with other people when you wish
- Currently live in accommodation that is too big for your needs
Cllr David A Bithell, Lead Member for Housing, said, “If you or a family member is in need of this type of accommodation please don’t hesitate to get in touch using the details below. It’s ideal for those who wish to remain independent but who may be finding it difficult to cope in their current home.”
If you feel you would benefit from this style of accommodation or would like to find out more please visit Sheltered Housing.
To find out how you can complete an application for Sheltered Housing please visit apply for council housing.PAY NOW