Preparations are underway for the start of works on the new coach park at St Mark’s in Wrexham.
The redevelopment is being undertaken by Read Construction on behalf of Wrexham Council, and will transform the former multi-storey car park into a new coach parking facility, with improved public access routes and enhanced landscaping to support the city’s growing tourism industry.
Councillor Mark Pritchard, Leader of the Council, added: “We purchased St Mark’s for redevelopment earlier this year, as we could see the site had huge potential.
“I’m delighted that work is moving forward and the creation of a bespoke coach-park will be a real game-changer for the museum and wider visitor economy in the city centre.”
Councillor Nigel Williams, Lead Member for Business, Economy and Tourism, said: “The scheme is being funded by the Welsh Government Transforming Towns initiative, and will create better city centre connections, while providing essential infrastructure to support the new National Football Museum of Wales and the city’s continued growth as a visitor destination.
“It’s an exciting time for Wrexham.”
Demolition begins in September
Works are due to start in earnest in mid-September, with the demolition of the old multi-storey expected to take around 11 weeks, before the site is redeveloped into the new coach park.
As always, both the council and Read Construction kindly ask everyone to respect the boundary of the site and to understand the dangers of trespassing in a construction area.
Karen Heaton Morris, Director at Read Construction, said: “As a Wrexham-based contractor, it’s great to be delivering a project that will support the city’s continued growth as a visitor destination.
“The new coach park will provide important infrastructure for Wrexham, improving access to the city centre and enhancing the experience for visitors.
“Throughout the works, we will work closely with local residents, businesses and stakeholders to minimise disruption wherever possible, and ensure any necessary closures or changes to access arrangements are clearly communicated well in advance.”
“We are very proud to be delivering another project that will leave an important legacy for Wrexham.”
Please note that pedestrian access will be closed from Island Green to Regent Street from September 14 until Spring 2027 to allow works to take place.
Vehicle access will also be closed from St Marks Street to Regent Street during the same period.


