This site uses cookies. By using it, you agree to their use. To find out more, read our Privacy Policy.
Accept
Wrexham Council NewsWrexham Council NewsWrexham Council News
  • Biz & education
  • Council services
  • People & place
  • Events
  • Video
  • Other
  • Welsh
Reading: Preparations underway for new coach-park construction in Wrexham city centre
Share
Notification Show More
Wrexham Council NewsWrexham Council News
Search
  • Biz & education
  • Council services
  • People & place
  • Events
  • Video
  • Other
  • Welsh
Follow US
© 2023 Cyngor Bwrdeistref Sirol Wrecsam
Weather warning - August 19-20
Wrexham Council News > Blog > People & place > Preparations underway for new coach-park construction in Wrexham city centre
People & place

Preparations underway for new coach-park construction in Wrexham city centre

Last updated: August 19, 2026 11:09 am
Share
3 Min Read
St Mark's Car Park in Wrexham
SHARE

Preparations are underway for the start of works on the new coach park at St Mark’s in Wrexham.

The redevelopment is being undertaken by Read Construction on behalf of Wrexham Council, and will transform the former multi-storey car park into a new coach parking facility, with improved public access routes and enhanced landscaping to support the city’s growing tourism industry.

Councillor Mark Pritchard, Leader of the Council, added: “We purchased St Mark’s for redevelopment earlier this year, as we could see the site had huge potential.

“I’m delighted that work is moving forward and the creation of a bespoke coach-park will be a real game-changer for the museum and wider visitor economy in the city centre.”

Councillor Nigel Williams, Lead Member for Business, Economy and Tourism, said: “The scheme is being funded by the Welsh Government Transforming Towns initiative, and will create better city centre connections, while providing essential infrastructure to support the new National Football Museum of Wales and the city’s continued growth as a visitor destination.

“It’s an exciting time for Wrexham.”

Demolition begins in September

Works are due to start in earnest in mid-September, with the demolition of the old multi-storey expected to take around 11 weeks, before the site is redeveloped into the new coach park.

As always, both the council and Read Construction kindly ask everyone to respect the boundary of the site and to understand the dangers of trespassing in a construction area.

Karen Heaton Morris, Director at Read Construction, said: “As a Wrexham-based contractor, it’s great to be delivering a project that will support the city’s continued growth as a visitor destination.

“The new coach park will provide important infrastructure for Wrexham, improving access to the city centre and enhancing the experience for visitors.

“Throughout the works, we will work closely with local residents, businesses and stakeholders to minimise disruption wherever possible, and ensure any necessary closures or changes to access arrangements are clearly communicated well in advance.”

“We are very proud to be delivering another project that will leave an important legacy for Wrexham.”

Please note that pedestrian access will be closed from Island Green to Regent Street from September 14 until Spring 2027 to allow works to take place.

Vehicle access will also be closed from St Marks Street to Regent Street during the same period.

Share
Previous Article Council staff raise over £325 for Macmillan Coffee Morning Council staff raise over £325 for Macmillan Coffee Morning

Stay connected

20KFollowersLike
23KFollowersFollow
3.8KFollowersFollow
8.4KFollowersFollow
- Sign up -
Ad image

Latest news

Council staff raise over £325 for Macmillan Coffee Morning
Council staff raise over £325 for Macmillan Coffee Morning
Council services
August 18, 2026
Car park
Wrexham V Watford – plan your journey 🚗🚌
People & place Events
August 17, 2026
Wrecsam Cyffredinol Wrexham General
Wrexham rail closures: What passengers need to know
People & place
August 17, 2026
Guildhall
Wrexham Council responds to recent media coverage on Llwyneinion and the adjacent Monsanto waste tip
Other
August 14, 2026

You might also like

Have your say on the future of bus services in Wrexham
Council servicesDecarbonising Wrexham

Have your say on the future of bus services in Wrexham

August 14, 2026
New matchday travel for Wrexham AFC supporters
People & placeDecarbonising Wrexham

New matchday travel for Wrexham AFC supporters

August 12, 2026
Students at The Maelor School, Penley, celebrating their A Level results today! (13.8.26)
Biz & educationOtherPeople & place

A-Level results day 2026 – Llongyfarchiadau to all our students

August 13, 2026
Britain in Bloom judges
People & place

Wrexham welcomes the judges for this year’s Britain in Bloom

August 11, 2026
//

Wrexham Council News provides all the latest news from your county borough council.

Get our top stories…

Subscribe to our newsletter to get latest news and info from Wrexham Council.

Sign up

Quick links

  • Customise interests
  • Reading list
  • MyUpdates
  • Contact the council
  • Privacy policy
Wrexham Council NewsWrexham Council News
Follow US
© 2026 Wrexham County Borough Council
Wrexham Council News
Welcome back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?

  • Cymraeg
  • English