We’re looking for an Allocations Assistant to help with the allocation of our housing stock.
The successful applicant will be required to manage the Council’s registers, carry out pre tenancy work, complete home visits, be the single point of contact for applicants on the housing register and be responsible for communicating all aspects of the process to the service user.
What’s expected of the Allocations Assistant?
- Be the single point of contact for applicants on the Council’s housing register and responsible for communicating all aspects of the process to them and deal with any concerns or enquiries.
- Work in partnership with all internal departments and external agencies to ensure corporate performance indicators are met relating to empty properties, waiting list applications and homeless prevention.
- To have a particular set of decision making and analytical skills, as the you’ll often be required to analyse and make decisions based on sensitive and confidential information relating to a client’s circumstances.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills in order to relay sometimes complex and contentious information and decisions to both vulnerable or at times potentially violent or aggressive individuals.
- We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of race, gender, disability, sexuality, religious belief or age.
The Council is committed to developing its bilingual workforce and welcomes applications from candidates who demonstrate their capability to work in both English and Welsh. Applications submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English.
Salary range: G04 £18,933 – £19,312
Interested? You can apply online here