Planned improvements to our Day and Improvement Disability Services are on the way.
You might have already heard about them – either in the press, or from ourselves.
Today, our Executive Board voted to approve proposed changes to these services, which means our Adult Social Care department can now start work on putting the changes in place.
There will also be an update on the changes in six months’ time.
The service is split across a number of different projects, including:
- Le Cafe – a cafe at the Cunliffe Resource Centre, Rhosddu.
- Coverall – a laundry service in Rhosymedre
- PAT – a portable appliance testing service for buisinesses
- The cafe service at Alyn Waters Country Park
Why are these changes needed?
We wrote a piece last week which provides information on the changes, and why they’re needed, in some detail – you can find that article here.
In that piece, we noted that the services needed to change for a number of reasons, including:
- Making sure that we meet the current and future needs of service users.
- Meeting the requirements of the Social Services Well-being (Wales) Act 2014.
- Developing sustainable, long-term opportunities for individuals.
- Improving the delivery of the service in the most cost effective way
What happens next?
We have worked alongside individuals, carers, families and other stakeholders to co-produce the design for the café service at Alyn Waters Café and how it will meet the needs of people it will support going forward.
A co production/ person-centered approach is very important, involving people with care and support needs and their carers when we design any new provision. It will be important to have this approach as we look at how social services will need to make changes going forward.
How will you help people through?
We will work with individuals, their families and carers to manage changes.
Support workers will work closely with individuals, their families and where required advocates so that they can identify their strengths and abilities and identify alternative ways to meet their outcomes. People will be supported through any changes and after changes have taken place offering reassurance of continuity.
GET RECYCLING TIPS