It’s always a good idea to check your bin day leading up to Christmas.
Some households will see changes to their regular collection dates over the festive period and this is a great way to keep on top of when you will need to put your bins out.
You can check your bin day here. You won’t need to sign in to check your bin day, and you can check for friends, family members and neighbours by simply typing in their postcode or street.
It’s especially advisable that you do so over the Christmas period, when you are likely to see some changes to your usual collection pattern.
Another way you can stay up to date is by signing up to receive our bin reminder emails. If you do this, you’ll get an email to remind you to put your bins out the day before your collection is due. It’s a good way for us to let you know about any changes that affect you as well.
Some things to note
- For the week commencing December 18, every household in Wrexham will have a general waste collection (black/blue bin) alongside recycling and food waste.
- For the week commencing December 25, no households in Wrexham will have a general waste collection (black/blue bin) or garden waste collection (green bin) – we will only be collecting recycling and food waste from properties on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
- No collections will take place on Monday, December 25 and Tuesday, December 26. Affected residents will be able to leave extra recycling out the following week as described below.
- For the week commencing January 1, every household in Wrexham will have a general waste collection (black/blue bin) alongside recycling and food waste.
- No collections will take place on Monday, January 1, so for this week all bin collections will be a day later (you can check your bin day for the revised dates).
If your recycling boxes get full, you can leave any extra recyclables in solid containers next to your other recycling on your collection day and we’ll recycle the materials (leaving the containers behind for you to reuse again).
But if you do have extra recycling, please separate the materials as you usually would…for example, if you have extra plastic bottles and glass, please put the plastic in one container and the glass in a separate container.
Also, we will collect clean, flattened cardboard left by recycling containers as long as it is no larger in height or width than a standard issue blue sack.