Guest Article – Cymru Football foundation
The Cymru Football Foundation – in collaboration with the Johan Cruyff Foundation and Wrexham County Borough Council – has seem our latest project unveiled at Ysgol St Christophers in Wrexham.
Through funding from Sport Wales, the CFF were able to support the largest special school in Wales to develop a brand-new space to support pupils from St Christophers to enjoy taking part in physical activity in a safe, comfortable environment.
Margaret Davies, Headteacher at St Christophers said:
“As a school, we are so proud of the brand new facility and the opportunities it presents to include all our pupils. We would like to thank the Cruyff Foundation and the FAW for their support in making this happening and to the local authority for their support and co-ordination of the programme.”
Aled Lewis, Head of Facility Investment and Operations at the Cymru Football Foundation said:
“The Cymru Football Foundation is thrilled to support this project that has created a fantastic facility for the children and young people at St Christopher’s School to enjoy and improve their physical and mental wellbeing.
“A huge thank you to our partners Sport Wales for their involvement and support. We will continue to work collaboratively to deliver our vision of inspirational and Fit-For-Future Football Facilities across Wales.”
Geraint Richards, Cruyff Foundation said:
“We are delighted that a new safe space to play sports has been opened at St Christopher’s School. This Cruyff Court will allow pupils and the local community the chance to get active and use this safe space to grow, develop and above all have fun.”
The CFF supports the development of football through investment and guidance as it delivers the FAW’s commitment to develop inspirational fit-for-future football facilities that will improve and grow Welsh football both on and off the pitch.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE CFF
- The Cymru Football Foundation’s vision is to provide Wales with Inspirational and Fit-For-Future Football Facilities.
- The Cymru Football Foundation’s mission is to develop outstanding football facilities, resulting in more players and better experiences – helping improve the health and wellbeing of a nation.
- The Cymru Football Foundation has three main priorities:
- Improved experiences and environments enabling participation, growth and retention through quality facilities meeting wider community needs sand tackling inequalities.
- Stronger and sustainable community-focussed clubs, with more players across all ages and backgrounds.
- Achieving our target of doubling the number of women and girls through inspirational fit-for-purpose facilities.
- Find out more by visiting www.cff.cymru.