Did you know you can get a free guided tour of one of Wrexham’s most famous historic sites?
Bersham Ironworks may now be a peaceful spot in the beautiful Clywedog Valley but it was once a busy industrial site producing iron products which were shipped all over the country.
This included steam engine cylinders and even canons!
The Ironworks were made famous by John ‘Iron Mad’ Wilkinson, a leading figure in the Industrial Revolution.
In the 1700’s, john developed a new method of boring canons which made them more accurate and less likely to accidentally explode.
This brilliant innovation made Bersham one of the most important iron manufacturing centres in the world.
Take a trip into history
- You can find out all about the Ironworks and ‘Iron Mad’ Wilkinson on your free guided tour!
- There are tours planned on the following dates:
Saturday, May 11, 10.00am-11.30am
Saturday, July 13 , 10.00am-11.30am
Saturday, September 7, 10.00am-11.30am
- No need to book – just turn up!
- We recommend wearing sturdy footwear.
- Park and meet at Bersham Heritage Centre, LL14 4HT
For more info contact the museum:
GET UPDATES FROM TŶ PAWB