Maybe you’re a contractor looking to improve the skills of your workforce when it comes to dealing with traditional (pre-1919) buildings.
Maybe you’re a sole trader looking to widen your skillset and train further in some unique skills which can help you take on a wider range of heritage construction projects.
Either way, you’ll be interested in these upcoming courses.
And better still, they’re all free, thanks to our Traditional Building Skills programme.
Interested? Read on for more info.
Free courses over the next few months
The courses and dates arranged so far are listed below.
Each of the courses take place at Coleg Cambria’s Bersham Road Campus, Wrexham (LL13 7UH) and some of the courses will be streamed live online to your home after registration.
- Traditional Sash Windows: Care, Repair and Upgrading – May 7, 2021
- Timber & decay course: April 23 & June 4, 2021
- Pricing conservation work: April 20 & June 23, 2021
- Traditional paints: May 28, 2021
- Damp in old buildings: April 27 & May 10, 2021
- Roof coverings & flashing course: May 6, 2021
- Structural & non-structural timber course: May 27, 2021
- Stone work and cleaning: May 13, 2021
- Lime plastering & decorative plastering: May 14, 2021
- Hotmix lime mortar & jointing – Introduction: April 30 & June 11, 2021
- Hotmix lime mortar & jointing – Advanced: June 18, 2021
- L3 award repair & maintenance course – Coleg Cambria: June 24 & 25, 2021, two day course
- L3 award in energy efficiency – Coleg Cambria: May 20 & 21, 2021, two day course
If you are interested in any of these courses or if you have any queries contact the Traditional Building skills team on TBS@Wrexham.gov.uk
The courses above are free thanks to funding from Wrexham Traditional Building Skills Programme; which has been funded through the Welsh Government Rural Communities – Rural Development Programme 2014 – 2020, which is funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development and the Welsh Government.
Keep an eye on our social media profiles for more updates.GET THE FACTS