Have you been following our Traditional Building Skills programme?
(If not, you can find out more in this article)
Our next training sessions are coming up – and we’re looking for contractors, tradespeople and apprentices who might be interested in building up their skills.
Introduction to lime
We’ve got an Introduction to Lime course spread over two evenings from 5pm until 8pm on Monday, August 5 and Tuesday, August 6.
The course will provide a theoretical and practical introduction to lime, along with its uses and characteristics.
It provides an explanation as to why lime should be used in traditional (pre-1919) buildings, and offers the opportunity for those attending to mix and apply their own traditional mortar.
If you come along, you’ll also have to chance to learn about:
- The context of lime mortars in traditional buildings
- Health and Safety relating to the use of lime on-site
- Tools and equipment used for mixing lime mortars
- Different limes and the selection of suitable aggregates; mix proportions and gauged mixes
- Pointing techniques with a practical session
- A summary of the course, followed by Q & A session.
This project has received funding through the Welsh Government Rural Communities – Rural Development Programme 2014-2020, which is funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development and the Welsh Government.APPLY FOR A PUPIL DEVELOPMENT GRANT