Do you have children aged three or four?
Do you know if you’re eligible for the 30 hours free childcare offer?
Do you know how to apply?
Well, don’t panic, this article aims to answer all of those questions for you!
Wrexham children can access the childcare offer from the start of the term following their third birthday until the September after they turn 4. It is worth noting that charges may still apply for things such as transport and meal costs.
Am I eligible?
- Your child must be aged 3 or 4 years old
- You must earn on average the equivalent of 16 hours a week at National Minimum Wage or Living Wage
- Each parent must earn less than £100,000 per year
- Parents of lone parent families need to be working
- Parents of two parent families must both be working
- Parents who are self employed or on a zero hours contract need to prove their status and provide relevant documents
- Parents who are employed or self employed but are on statutory leave for example, maternity leave
- Foster carers and kinship carers may also be eligible
- Families where one parent gets certain benefits may also be eligible – contact Wrexham Family Information Service for more details.
When can I apply?
Families can apply a maximum of 8 weeks before the term they can access the Childcare Offer, so for spring term it would be from November 11 and for summer term it would be from February 24, 2020.
Applications are made via www.flintshire.gov.uk/wrexhamchildcareoffer
- Child minders
- Out of school child care
You can choose your own childcare provider that meets your child’s needs. The setting must be registered with CIW or equivalent and must be signed up to deliver the offer.
Wrexham children will be able to access the Childcare Offer from the start of the term following their third birthday until the September after they turn 4.
How much could I get?
You could get up to 30 hours a week of early education childcare. The 30 hours is made up of a minimum of 10 hours of early education per week and a maximum of 20 hours a week of childcare.
To break this down, it is 10 hours of early education and 20 hours of childcare and for foundation phase nursery it is 12.5 hours of nursery and 17.5 hours of childcare. In school holidays they can also get 30 hours for up to 9 weeks of the holidays.
How do I apply?
If you have any problems completing the online application, Wrexham Family Information Service can help. You can call into Contact Wrexham on Lord Street, Monday-Friday 10:30-2:30pm and one of the team will be happy to help.
If you would like to contact the Family Information Service about anything else you can get in touch with one of the team by calling 01978 292094 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgAPPLY FOR A PUPIL DEVELOPMENT GRANT