Did you know that the INFO Shop on Lambpit Street offers a free sexual health service? ‘Contact’ is a confidential sexual health service based at the INFO shop for young people up to the age of 25. They offer advice and guidance around sexual health and relationships and nurses can prescribe different contraception including the morning after pill, pregnancy tests and condoms.
Have confidence that it’s confidential
- They won’t talk to anyone else outside the project about your enquiry
- In some cases, they may need to talk to another agency if you need specialist advice. They will always ask you first
- Sometimes they may need to involve others if they believe you or someone else is at serious risk of harm. This could be about sexual or physical abuse or if someone is feeling suicidal
Cllr Andrew Atkinson Executive Board Member said, “This is a valuable service for young people. It is a safe, confidential environment where people can access information and contraception if needed. The service is run by professionals who care about the safety and wellbeing of young people in Wrexham.”
Stay safe and know the risks…
Sexual health and learning how to look after yourself is important. Anyone who has sex can be at risk of catching a sexually transmitted Infection (STI) or an unwanted pregnancy. Some people don’t show any symptoms and there are serious consequences if the infections are left untreated. It is important to use condoms so you don’t catch an infection.
Part of the service at the INFO shop is to offer a sexual health service where young people can get free condoms and other forms of contraception.
For more information about the services on offer at the INFO shop visit the Young Wrexham website
Opening Times ‘contact’
- Monday 3pm till 5.30pm
- Tuesday 11.30 till 4.30pm
- Wednesday 3pm till 5.30pm
- Thursday 11.30 till 4.30pm
- Friday 3pm till 5.30pm
Condoms and pregnancy tests are available during the opening times of the INFO Shop