Our Household Recycling Centres are for the use of Wrexham residents’ household waste only. No commercial waste can be disposed of at these sites, including the disposal of rubbish from ‘man and a van’ clearance services.
If you have large amounts of rubbish to dispose of please ensure that you use a reputable company to do it on your behalf. The company acting on your behalf can’t dispose of the items at our household recycling centres but must dispose of it at a private licensed facility.
There are instances, many in fact, where you may have paid someone to take rubbish away without realising, they’ve taken your money and then just dumped the rubbish wherever they can. Leaving you liable if it can be traced back to you.
So, if you’re paying someone to take your rubbish please make sure they’re legit. They should have a Waste Carrier’s Licence, if not – don’t use them as they’re very likely to fly tip it and you’ll be responsible and liable to prosecution if they’re caught or if it can be traced back to you.
Cllr David A Bithell, lead member for environment and transport, said: “There are shocking instances of fly-tipping on social media and it costs us to remove it. We always check if there is anything in the rubbish to identify the owner and if so we will not hesitate to prosecute. Please, either use a reputable firm or use our bulky collection or even pay a visit to one of the three household recycling centres. Please don’t leave it to chance and risk prosecution because of someone else’s dubious behaviour.”
Wrexham Councils Bulky Waste Collection Service…
You can also use Wrexham County Borough Councils bulky waste collection service. Bulky waste refers to items that are too large to be taken away with the normal refuse collection. This can mean items such as furniture, white goods and garden equipment. Up to eight items can be collected for a minimum charge of £43.50. Any additional item over eight items has an extra charge of £8.70 per item.
We will take:
- Furniture (e.g. tables, chairs, suites, beds, mattresses, cabinets, desks, bookcases, wardrobes)
• White goods (e.g. fridges, freezers, cookers, tumble dryers, microwaves)
• Garden equipment (e.g. small lawnmowers, garden implements, garden tables and chairs, barbeques, bikes)
• Carpet (small amounts of carpet and underlay (off cuts of no more than 1 room size)
• Electrical and electronic equipment (e.g. computers, televisions)
The Council only offers a kerbside collection of garden/organic waste in the green bin, we do not offer any further collection services for green waste, soil or rubble.
Bulky collections are normally made on your next collection day providing that a notice of 2 working days is given. More information about bulky collections can be found here
Our Household Recycling Centres
- Bryn Lane Household Waste Recycling Centre is open 8am – 8pm every day of the year apart from Christmas Day
• Plas Madoc and The Lodge Household Waste Recycling Centres are currently open 9am – 4pm
Get the latest gritting info straight into your inbox
SIGN ME UP NOW