New measures will be introduced from 6am on Boxing Day (December 26) to help keep Wales safe.
- A general requirement of 2m social distancing in all premises open to the public and workplaces, where reasonable.
- The rule of 6 will apply to gatherings in regulated premises, such as hospitality, cinemas and theatres.
- All licensed premises will need to take additional measures to protect customers and staff, including table service and collecting contact details.
- Face coverings will be required in hospitality settings at all times apart from when seated.
- Large events will not be allowed indoors or outdoors. The maximum number of people who can gather at an indoor event will be 30 and 50 outdoors.
- There will be an exception for team sports, up to 50 spectators will be able to gather, in addition to those taking part. There is also an exception for events involving children.
- Last week new measures were announced for workplaces and retail – these will now come into force on Boxing Day.
- Nightclubs will also close on Boxing Day.
The measures are a revised version of alert level 2 to respond to the new Omicron variant, and are designed to help keep businesses open and trading and protect customers and staff.