Residents who use a trailer to recycle their waste can now visit Brymbo Lodge Recycling Centre.
Since the start of this week (Monday, April 19), we’ve been allowing trailers at the facility to see how the site copes with the change. We’ll be monitoring visitor levels and looking out for any problems arising from increased traffic.
As you may be aware, before this week, trailers were not permitted at Brymbo Lodge and anyone wanting to use a trailer to recycle their waste had to use the Bryn Lane or Plas Madoc recycling centres.
As it stands, trailers are currently allowed at ALL of Wrexham’s three recycling centres.
Check out the current procedures for our recycling centres:
• Don’t go to the sites if you or anyone in your household has symptoms of Covid-19.
• Only bring household waste. Don’t bring commercial or business waste.
• Please bring proof that you live in the county borough (e.g. a utility bill with your address on it). The sites are for Wrexham residents only. If you don’t have proof, you won’t be allowed to tip your rubbish.
• Be patient if you have to queue. A maximum of five vehicles will be allowed on site at any one time.
• Make sure only one person steps outside your vehicle to unload it, and that they stick to social distancing. Note that children should stay in the car at all times, and no pets are permitted on site.
• Don’t bring items that are too big or heavy to handle yourself. Our site attendants won’t be able to help you unload your car or dispose of your waste.
• Sort your waste before you arrive (so you’re quicker).
• Be polite. Aggressive behaviour towards staff won’t be tolerated. Site attendants will be equipped with body cameras, and any instances will be reported to the police.
• Don’t touch your face on-site, and bring your own sanitiser if you can (clean your hands with sanitiser before you drive away).
SEE LATEST COVID RULES