Further to the ongoing strike action from September 4 to September 17 by Unite Union, we are aware waste and recycling collections have been impacted.
We advise you to place your waste and recycling containers out by 7.30am on your normal collection day, however if they are not collected by 3.30pm then please bring them back in for storage, until your next scheduled collection (please note your next collection may still also be impacted by the Industrial Action). Collections are assessed day by day, depending on resources available as to which services can take place.
Please do not report as missed collection, as we will not be returning for collections during this period.
Household Recycling Centres will remain open throughout, with containers for Food waste available on site along with a wider material disposal options.
Please note the opening times for the Household Recycling Centres are:
- The Lodge, Brymbo, Wrexham LL11 5NR – open 9am- 6pm
- Plas Madoc Wynnstay Bank, Plas Madoc, Wrexham LL14 3ES – open 9am- 6pm
- Bryn lane Bryn Lane, Wrexham Industrial Estate LL13 9UT – open 8am – 8pm
We understand you will have more recycling and waste than normal, to help with storage we suggest the following:
- Flatten cardboard boxes, flattened cardboard left by recycling containers as long as it is no larger in height or width than a standard issue blue sack.
- Wash and Squash plastic bottles, cans and tins.
- Use the Household Recycling Centres for all materials including food waste, plastics, cans, glass, and non-recyclable waste.
- Squash down materials in the bins, all waste will be collected on collection day.
- Additional food and recycling bags can be collected from various locations .
- If your recycling boxes get full, you can leave any extra recyclables in separate solid containers next to your other recycling on your collection day and we will recycle the materials (leaving the containers behind for you to reuse again).
- Remember to separate any extra materials, as they would usually be. For example, cans and plastics into a one solid container, paper and cardboard in another and any extra glass into another solid container similar to those provided e.g. a plastic storage container comparable in size to a green box/black box/container found in a wheelie box.
We would like you to thank you for your patience during this period.