Wrexham Family Information Service (WFIS) will be more accessible to families and carers later this month as it announces plans to go mobile and hold drop-ins throughout the county borough 🙂
- Every third Monday at Chirk Library between 10am and 12pm starting on February 17
- Every third Tuesday at Acton Resource Centre between 10am and 12pm starting on March 17
- First Tuesday of the month at Plas Pentywn, Coedpoeth between 1pm and 3pm starting on February 4
- Second Tuesday of the month at Wrexham Library between 1pm and 3pm starting on February 11
- First Wednesday of the month at Cefn Mawr Library between 1pm and 3pm starting on March 4
- Last Thursday of the month at Gwersyllt Resource Centre between 1pm and 3pm starting on February 27
- First Thursday of the month at Llay Resource Centre between 10am and 12pm starting on February 6
- Last Friday of the month at Brynteg Resource Centre between 1pm and 3pm starting on February 28
- First Friday of the month at Rhos Library between 10am and 12pm starting March 6
Second Friday of the month at Ruabon Library between 10am and 12pm starting on February 14
- Last Wednesday of the month at Redwither Tower (Industrial Estate) between 12pm and 2pm starting on February 26
Cllr Andrew Atkinson, Lead Member for Children’s Services, said: “This is an excellent idea as it makes the service so much more accessible for parents and carers. I know staff care passionately about the services they provide and are very keen to reach as many people as possible.”
WFIS provides free information, advice and assistance for parents and carers of children and young people aged 0-19.
You can ask them about support available for families, childcare and childcare costs, children’s activities across the county borough both after school and during the school holidays. Health and well-being, including mental and emotional health, parenting and parenting support, child development and behaviour. Work Life Balance, education, housing, benefits and debt advice and pregnancy.
If you are pregnant or have a very young child you may find this article of interest:
Staff offer friendly advice and support is available to help parents access the support services they may need.
WFIS is based in Contact Wrexham on Lord Street where it’s open every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 9:30-12:30 and Thursdays 10:30-12:30. You can also contact them direct on 01978 292094 or drop them an email to email@example.com.SIGN ME UP NOW
You can find out more about WFIS on our website: