It’s been a long wait, but finally after over four months of lockdown, we are now able to reopen and welcome locals and visitors to Wrexham County Borough Museum & Archives!
Wrexham Museum will open again to visitors on Monday August 3 from 11am-4pm
A few changes have been introduced to help ensure that everyone feels safe so you can relax and enjoy your visit to Wrexham Museum.
Visiting the Museum
- The museum will be open between 11am-4 pm Monday to Saturday. This will allow time to ensure all public areas are properly cleaned.
- There will be regular cleaning of key touch points throughout the galleries during the day.
- There will be hand sanitiser at the entrance to the building. All visitors will be asked to clean their hands on arrival.
- All visitors will be asked for their contact details to support the government’s ‘Test, Trace and Protect’ programme.
- We recommend visitors wearing face masks while in the galleries.
- There will be a limit on numbers in the galleries so that social distancing will be possible for all our visitors.
- We have introduced a one-way system throughout the galleries. Look out for the floor signs for directions.
- For families, there will be a new children’s trail to help guide younger visitors (and their accompanying adults) during their visit.
- Admission to the museum and archives is free. Donations welcome.
- Last admission is at 3.30 p.m.
- There will be a new seating layout and menu in the Courtyard Café, but the same great service and location as ever!
- Let’s hope for a sunny few months – you can dine outside if you wish.
- Toilet facilities will be available for visitors to the museum, the archives and the cafe. Please ask for the key at the reception desk.
- The shop will be open so you can still purchase the usual range of great gifts, cards and books.
- We encourage the use of contactless payment and ask all shop customers to respect social distancing guidelines.
- We recommend visitors to the Archives book ahead owing to space restrictions.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01978 297 480.
- Last admission is at 3.30 p.m.
- The Collections Centre will be open by appointment. Please email email@example.com or telephone 01978 297 460.
What can I see?
The exhibitions and displays in the museum’s three galleries tell the stories of Wrexham, Wales and the wider world for adults and children…
- Gallery 1 is the space where you can explore the museum collections and the stories they reveal of Wrexham’s past.. Meet 4,000 year old Brymbo Man; See the Bronze Age Rossett Hoard and watch two specially produced films that explain how the hoard was made nearly three thousand years ago; Sit back and relax in the Hippodrome as you watch films about Wrexham Lager, Wrexham FC and Wrexham’s mining past.
- In Gallery 2 you still have a chance to see our exhibition, Forgotten Wars: The Royal Welch Fusiliers Around The World
- Meanwhile in Gallery 3 you can see Back To School: an exhibition chronicling how school locally has changed over the past two centuries through memories, mementos, archives and old photographs.
Steve Grenter, Heritage Services Manager, said: “We are delighted to finally be able to welcome visitors back to Wrexham Museum. We’ve worked hard to ensure visitors can enjoy the museum safely, as well as the fantastic food available in the café and the unique gifts from the shop.
“We hope to see regular visitors returning to the museum and this is also an ideal opportunity for newcomers to come and experience what’s on offer and find out more about Wrexham’s rich and colourful past.”
For more information contact Wrexham Museum firstname.lastname@example.org.