We’re very excited to announce that we’re on the lookout for a headteacher to lead our newest Welsh medium school, which will provide education for 3 to 11 year olds.
The school, located in the Borras area of the town centre, will open to pupils in the autumn term of 2022, and we want our new headteacher to be involved in the preparations leading up to the opening.
The Temporary Governing Body is looking to appoint a leader with a strong vision for Welsh-medium education within the county borough, and an infectious enthusiasm that will enable the school to grow over the next few years.
We can offer:
- A newly refurbished building, creating a stimulating and attractive learning environment
- A supportive and proactive temporary governing body
- A rare opportunity to set up a brand new school, including the appointment of staff
- An opportunity to be part of a local network as we work together to promote Welsh-medium education in Wrexham
We’re looking for a headteacher who:
- Is motivated and committed to developing and promoting Welsh-medium education in the north east
- Is an outstanding practitioner with a proven track record of raising standards and a clear vision of high quality teaching and learning for all
- Is able to motivate and inspire confidence in the school community, demonstrating excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Is a positive role model, able to build positive relationships with parents / carers / local community
- Is motivated and committed to developing each child’s full potential through curricular and extra-curricular activities, making learning a happy experienceIs able to lead the school in implementing the new Curriculum for Wales and the ALN framework
“Passion for education”
Wrexham Council Lead Member for Education Cllr Phil Wynn, said: “This is a great opportunity for a headteacher to really make their mark by helping to shape the future of a brand new school. If you are qualified, have passion for education, and feel you can lead the school to success, then we look forward to receiving your completed application form.”
The closing date for applications is noon on Thursday, October 13.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday, November 10.
For more information on the role, take a look at the full job description.
Or if you’re ready to apply, please click on the button below.APPLY FOR THE ROLE