Do you recycle food waste? In Wrexham, with weekly collections, free caddies and free caddy liners, it’s definitely easier than ever to recycle your leftovers.
With that in mind, we thought we’d give you a short list of handy tips to help you become a recycling superhero.
And even if you already recycle food, you still might find some of these tips useful 🙂
WANT TO GET MORE TIPS AND INFO? SIGN-UP FOR OUR RECYCLING EMAILS…
– Having a barbecue? Take your food caddy outside with you and pop any bones or leftovers inside as you go along. It makes cleaning up afterwards much easier…just make sure you shut the lid to avoid any pesky flies.
– Running low on caddy liners? Tie an empty liner to your caddy handle on your collection day and we’ll leave you a new roll. Simple as that!
– Enjoy a morning brew? Tea bags can be recycled in your food caddy. More of a coffee person? Well, the same goes for any leftover/out of date coffee granules too.
Recycling fact: Did you know that your tea bags and coffee granules can be recycled in your food waste caddy? pic.twitter.com/hoMLHcYjgg
— Wrexham Council (@wrexhamcbc) March 2, 2019
– Got something going mouldy in your fridge? Pop it in a caddy liner and put it straight into your larger food caddy ready to be collected. Remember your caddy gets emptied every week…if you put in your black bin, it’ll sit there for a couple of weeks and get stinky.
– Got an uneaten ready meal? All the food is recyclable in your food caddy, plus you can recycle any cardboard boxes and plastic trays too…just make sure they’re clean when you recycle them.
– Fancy an ice lolly? When it’s sunny, most of us are partial to an ice lolly, but what do you do with the wooden stick? Because these, like any wooden cutlery, can be recycled in your food caddy!
– Got a fussy family member that doesn’t eat all the food you make for them? Whether it’s your grandkid, child or sibling, make sure the leftovers get recycled in your food caddy.
Recycling fact: Had a roast dinner or pork chops for tea? Put the bones in your food waste caddy 🙂 #wrexham #recycling pic.twitter.com/8SWYNpjt5r
— Wrexham Council (@wrexhamcbc) March 16, 2019
– Fancy giving our one-week challenge a go? This is for the people that don’t currently recycle food…yes, we can hear you – “I don’t recycle food because I don’t really have any leftovers”. Give food recycling a go for a week, you’ll be surprised by how many leftovers you actually have. You can order a caddy for free from our website if you need one.
You can view a detailed list of what can be recycled as food waste here.
“A number of benefits”
Cllr David A Bithell, Lead Member for Environment and Transport says, “More and more people are starting to recycle their food waste, but we know that we can do even better. There are a number of benefits to recycling your food waste, such as weekly collections and free caddy liners, and we want to encourage people to take advantage of these.”
Another one of these benefits is having extra space in your black bin…find out why ‘Space Is Ace’ by taking our fun recycling quiz.
Want to get more tips and info? Sign-up for our recycling emails…SIGN UP