Plans are now progressing to build a brand new Football Museum for Wales alongside a fully revamped Wrexham Museum on Regent Street.
The new ‘museum of two halves’ is going to be a major new national attraction for Wrexham City Centre, celebrating Welsh football, past and present, in all its diversity, alongside an enhanced, first-class venue for discovering the fascinating and eventful story of our region of north-east Wales.
We’re now delighted to be able to share the latest design plans.
There will be an opportunity to come and view the plans in person at Wrexham Museum, this October.
Alternatively, you’ll be able to watch a online presentation of the plans, delivered by the design team.
Open Day at Wrexham Museum
The event will be an opportunity to view large scale, illustrated displays of the design plans for the new museums.
You’ll also be able to speak to the project design team in person, ask questions and offer feedback and suggestions.
This will be family friendly event. The new museums are being designed to appeal to visitors of all ages so we’d love to see as many children and families as possible coming along to come see the plans and let us know what they think!
- The open day event will take place on Wednesday 26th October at Wrexham Museum on Regent Street.
- There will be two opportunities to attend on the day. An afternoon session from 1.30pm-3.30pm and an evening session from 6pm-8pm. Everyone is welcome to attend either session – or both.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.
We’ve organised an interactive online presentation to take place on Monday 24th October from 6.30pm-8.00pm.
During the event, the design team will guide you through the latest illustrated plans for the new museums, including the revamped public spaces, galleries and other new features of the building.
You’ll also be able to see and hear about some of the planned exhibits and activities.
You’ll be able to ask questions about the project during the event via the chat box. The team will try to answer as many as possible.
- The online presentation will take place on Monday 24th October from 6.30pm-8.00pm.
- If you’d like to join in, just fill in the form at the bottom of this page.
- A link to join the presentation will be emailed to everyone who registers at 12pm on the day of the event.
- Spaces are limited to book your place now to avoid disappointment!
- If you have any problems completing the form, please email footballmuseumwales
Public feedback has helped ‘inform latest design plans’
Cllr Paul Roberts, Lead Member for Partnerships and Community Safety said: “The design team have been making great progress with the plans for the new museums so we’re delighted to offer this opportunity for the public to come and view the proposals up close, and online, and speak to the team in person.
“Over 500 people took part in the public consultation last year. The feedback received has helped inform the latest design plans and we’ve also assembled a number of specialist and community focus groups who are working closely with us throughout the project.”
“This is a huge development for Wrexham city centre which promises to attract new visitors from around the country and beyond so I hope as many people as possible will make the most of the opportunity to view the plans at this key stage of its development.”SIGN UP