Welsh Government has now published clear guidance for anyone working in the hospitality sector and for any one going to the pub or for a meal out.
The guidance can be viewed here. https://gov.wales/hospitality-and-retail-businesses-frequently-asked-questions but the key changes are:
- It is now a legal requirement to wear a face mask to go into a pub or to go into a restaurant or café.
- All staff working in areas where there are customers will be wearing masks
- You must keep your mask on at all times except when you are seated at your table
- There will be table service only and you may not get up to go the bar. Orders will be taken at the table and drinks brought to you.
- You cannot mingle with anyone outside you table group or move around inside the premises
- You must not move the tables as these will have been laid out in order to keep people from different households a safe distance apart
- Even if you are only out for a drink and not a meal you must remain seated at your designated table for the duration of your visit
- If you need to leave the table for any reason, for example to go to the toilet, you must put your face mask on.
- Pubs and restaurants are likely to operating a booking system, even just go for a drink. Check before you go and book if you can.
- There are exemptions regarding the wearing of masks which will apply to some customers and these are explained in the guidance
And don’t forget you’ll also need to wear a face mast if you’re going by train or bus.
These new measures are there to protect everyone and reduce the spread of the virus. If they fail and infections continue to rise it is probable that more restrictive measures will be introduced.
Please do your bit to keep Wrexham safe
DOWNLOAD THE NHS APP