Have you been looking around Wrexham for a prize winning shot in the hope of grabbing a £50 prize?
Europe Direct’s photographic competition is a great way of discovering – or reminding yourself – of the amazing heritage that fills our county borough. And a great way to show the rest of Europe what British heritage is all about.
So, you may already know what an amazingly heritage we have in the UK, but what about the rest of Europe? Here are some facts…!
- Over half of World Heritage Sites are in Europe. There are 453 inscribed sites on UNESCO’s list
- Six of the world’s 10 most visited museums are in Europe – they had a total of 35 million visitors in 2016
- A quarter of UNESCO’s list of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity is in the EU
- In Europe there are 31 certified cultural route, crossing over 50 Countries
- Europe has a digital platform for cultural heritage called Europeana. There you can take a look at more than 54 million items from over 3,700 European cultural institutions
- Natura 2000 sites are protected areas and account for 18% of the EU’s land and 6% of its marine territory.
To enter the competition, simply upload your entry on social media. You can use any of these:
The closing date for entries is September 2, 2018.
Need help with school uniform costs? Find out if you’re eligible.
APPLY FOR A PUPIL DEVELOPMENT GRANT