Well done to Hafod y Wern Community Primary School who has been awarded the ‘Welsh Network of Healthy School Schemes National Quality Award’.
To achieve the award Hafod y Wern met all the criteria set out in the National Quality Award which includes 7 key health topics.
Schools that achieve the NQA are implementing the following wellbeing initiatives at the very highest level.
IF WE GET A BAD SETTLEMENT, WE’LL HAVE TO LOOK AT FURTHER CUTS. HAVE YOUR SAY…
- Food and fitness (nutrition and physical activity)
- Mental and emotional health and wellbeing, including staff wellbeing
- Personal development and relationships, including sex and relationships education
- Substance use and misuse, including alcohol, smoking, and drugs (legal, illegal, and prescription).
- Environment, including eco-initiatives and improving the school and wider environment
- Safety, including a variety of topics such as child protection, sun safety, internet safety, and first aid
- Hygiene including across school and non-school settings
Mrs. Anwen Donoher Healthy School’s coordinator stated: ‘This is an excellent achievement, it has taken school six years to achieve and everyone should be very proud of themselves.’
If we get a bad settlement, we’ll have to look at further cuts.Have your say.
HAVE YOUR SAY